Saturday, September 6, 2014

Practicing

"Mommy? Mommy! Mommy!" Each "Mommy" sounds more urgent.  I'd been reading.  I look up from my computer.  "Yes?"

"Mommy!" She puts her cup on the table, it is filled with grape juice.  She smiles at me.
"Yes?" I ask.

"Do you want to watch me burp?" Her eyes sparkle with pride at this new found skill.  I give her a slight nod, because no and yes both seem to be the wrong answer. 

She proceeds to take a drink and then says, "Puop." and then "Excuse me." 
"That's a burp?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Don't be silly Mom, I'm just practicing."  and off she goes.

1 comment:

Karen said...

That's awesome! Kids are a riot, aren't they?

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!