Friday, October 30, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

1) Middle daughter insisted on being Annabeth from the Lightning Thief series by Rick Ridoran. Fearful she would not be recognized, I kept suggesting alternatives. She came home discouraged, "No one knew who I was." I pointed out the movie would come out in February and that next year, they would. She shook her head, "Next year, I'm going to get real creative." I didn't say "I told you so." so I'm basking in that silent glory of a good parenting moment here. Excuse the victory dance.

2) Oldest son stressed about Halloween and wanting a costume. Rather than point out that he's a bit old for that kind of thing, we worked together to pick one that he probably wouldn't have picked but will insulate him from being bothered at school as a result. Protecting our children without them knowing they're being protected is hard work.

3) Got four kids hair cuts this week. Four of the others will get their hair done next. Then we'll go for broke and get one scheduled for me.

4) Said the Rosary 4 days out of 5 --not finished with today's yet. Tip: do ten in the car going to...and ten coming from.

5) Made muffins for oldest daughter's class party.

6) Two days this week, I exercised. Oh dear. Now I'm going to have to make it three.

7) Made a new friend, worked on strengthening older relationships.

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

wooo hoooooo!!

what a great Todone List!!!!

but you put me to shame with all that exercise...gonna have to get moving so I can keep up with you!

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!